Thursday, March 26, 2009

Writing about music

I think I turned a corner today, as far as my writing voice is concerned. I made a pun in a CD review. That's unprecedented. And puns usually rub me the wrong way. Nothing makes me think of lazy journalism more than hearing or reading "The Beatles are about to go down that long and winding road," or "David Bowie, once again, is going through ch-ch-ch-changes."
OK, those aren't puns but they're not funny either. Or imaginative.
Anyhow, I'm not going to tell you what said pun is, but when the review appears, I will link it. It's going to be on the Blurt website. Speaking of which, the magazine is about to do its first print issue. Everyone needs to go out and buy one. Someday it'll be worth lots of money. And in the meantime, you'll be helping to keep the institution of rock journalism alive and well. You think I'm kidding. Find my entry from this time last year about the death of Harp.

No comments: