Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Winter JazzFest reflections

It's been a few days since Winter JazzFest wrapped up and I returned to Pittsburgh. I did get to see a lot of acts but of course there's always the feeling that I should have tried to see a few more. After all, it's rare that I ever have that many performers at the same time that I can see. (For a working diary of who I saw, check out City Paper's FFW blog here.)

But then again, Saturday night it was raining pretty steadily in Manhattan and the walk from Subculture to Judson Church and back made my feet start to hurt. By the end of the evening, I was really exhausted too, to the point where I was starting to nod off during the sets of people that I really like.

Now I'm waiting for the renewed enthusiasm for my writing work to kick in. It hasn't quite happened yet, but that might just be last night's nightcap talking right now.

No comments: